This is a sponsored blog post and compensation for this post was provided by Bzaar. All reviews and opinions expressed in this post are based on my personal experience and opinion.
With so many online wholesale platforms surfacing, how do micro retail business owners decide where to buy from? I get it! I have to make this decision for my own retail store too.
Bzaar caught my attention when I learned that I could place international orders from India and Southeast Asia vendors, with ease!
1) I can find unique vendors and artisanal products
2) I can easily place orders with low minimums
3) I can get these items shipped without import duties (for US orders up to $800)
4) I can do all of this without a customs broker or having to complete a volume of paperwork
I was definitely intrigued.
When I visited bzaar.com I was immediately drawn. The platform is visually appealing and easy to navigate with product images that didn’t leave me wondering what I would be receiving. I was excited to place my first order.
Let me take you on my buying experience with Bzaar:
- An exclusive selection of artisanal, handcrafted, and sustainable products.
- FREE SHIPPING on your first order.
- A $50 FLAT SHIPPING FEE for subsequent orders.
- A 60 DAY return policy.
- Lowest price guarantee.
- Account creation – this process was very easy. I answered the typical questions and immediately created an account
- Clean modern website – I mentioned this already but Bzaar’s platform is modern and visually appealing
- Easy to navigate, search & filter – there are plenty of categories and subcategories to start with, once you visit a category you can use the filters on the left of the screen to help you narrow down selection even more
- Easy to learn about the suppliers – it’s easy to click on the vendor’s name to learn more about them or view all their products
- Unique products – as micro retailers, we all want to be as unique as possible and we want to stand out to our customers, Bzaar gave us the ability to find products that most other retailers just aren’t offering right now and it was fun to browse their selection! From home decor to jewelry to a big selection of textiles and so much more.
- Low minimums – many of the vendors have low minimums and this is ideal for micro retailers
- FAQs – many of my ordering questions were answered HERE including questions about import duties (for example, in the US there are no import duties on orders up to $800)
Here are some things I noticed about my buying journey after I placed an order.
- LOTS of communication – you won’t wonder if your order was received or you don’t feel like an order number either
- Email order confirmation– I immediately received an email confirming my order
- Account dashboard – you can see a summary of orders
- Relationship Manager – after I placed an order, a relationship manager reached out via both email and phone. The email I received was helpful, because the rep gave me links to products under $10 and best-selling products. This eliminates searching and trying to figure out what sells best for other retailers too!
- Customs documents – you’ll receive a stack of documents in the mail and this is normal!
- Shipping – our order arrived via FedEx within 2 weeks, we all know how long shipping times have been lately, so getting our FULL order in a timely fashion was a nice bonus!
- Products – Everything was wrapped and protected extremely well in bubble wrap, we did get a couple of glass items that were damaged but it certainly wasn’t for lack of bubble wrap.
This is a sponsored blog post however it’s extremely important that I’m honest with my readers. So I want you to know that I provided Bzaar with feedback and some constructive criticism.
Overall my experience and the ease of use was great! There were a few minor things that I shared that could improve the experience for retailers, for example offering a printable PDF of our orders, offering dimensions in inches for US buyers, creating an easier process for returns or claiming damaged items, and a few more. Within a day I heard back from a Bzaar team member indicating they started working on some of my suggestions.
Bzaar’s Offer to YOU:
I’m happy to share that Bzaar is offering a special deal for Savvy Shopkeeper readers and listeners.
Visit HERE and click on the CREATE ACCOUNT button to get started with Bzaar.
There are so many things I appreciate about my buying experience with Bzaar. The most notable is how one of the Co-Founder’s, Nishant Verman, reached out to me directly. Many of you know two of my values for Savvy Shopkeeper are integrity and relationships. After speaking with Nishant, I could see that he understood this and appreciated it as well.
One of the biggest questions I had was about Bzaar’s vetting process. Could Nishant assure me that ethical and sustainable sourcing practices were in place? And he could. You can see how Bzaar answers this question HERE.
If you’re a micro retailer looking to source unique products, with good margins, and a seamless international buying experience, I recommend Bzaar. Don’t forget to take advantage of the offer by using the coupon codes mentioned above!
*Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links or codes, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase after you use the coupon code. I make recommendations because I feel they are helpful and useful to shopkeepers, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something through my links or codes. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals as a retailer.