Ep. 128 Marketing Your Retail Business: Can We Flip The 80/20 Social Media Rule On Its Head?!

Ep. 128 Marketing Your Retail Business: Can We Flip The 80/20 Social Media Rule On Its Head?!

It’s easy to get stuck in autopilot when we’re marketing our indie retail businesses, especially when we’ve heard the same marketing “rules” over and over again!  One of the most common rules you’ll hear is to focus 80 percent of your social media content on engaging or educational content, and the other 20 percent on…

Ep. 127 Cash Is Queen: A Free Cash Flow Masterclass For Indie Retailers

Ep. 127 Cash Is Queen: A Free Cash Flow Masterclass For Indie Retailers

I’m hosting a FREE masterclass on Monday, June 27, 2022, at 2 PM EST to help you create a cash flow management system! Masterclass attendees will receive a helpful 10-point checklist to guide them through improving their cash flow systems. You can register now at https://www.savvyshopkeeper.com/cashflow.  I’m hosting this masterclass for two reasons: 1. There’s…

Ep. 126 Shopkeeper Guest Interview: 7 Tips for Working with Your Spouse (And Staying Married!)

Ep. 126 Shopkeeper Guest Interview: 7 Tips for Working with Your Spouse (And Staying Married!)

I’m excited to bring you a new intermittent series called Shopkeeper Guest Interviews. Many talented store owners in our Master Shopkeepers and Shopkeeper’s Lab groups have different experiences, knowledge, and perspectives than me—and I want to share their ideas with you.  Today’s guests are Dani and Tim Martin. They’re the owners of The Cotton Shed…

Ep. 24 You Are Not Alone

Ep. 24 You Are Not Alone

Since the COVID-19 pandemic started, I have… experienced fear with shopkeepers encouraged shopkeepers cried with many shopkeepers And I’ve experienced these emotions myself, along with many others. After deciding to close our store temporarily, the first two weeks were incredibly difficult. It was an adjustment at home and professionally. My intention is not to be…