In this episode of the Shopkeeper Stories series, I had the pleasure of speaking with Taylor, owner of The Turquoise Top Hat in Stevensville, Michigan.
Before the Bob-Ross-style “happy accident” that led her to open The Turquoise Top Hat, Taylor was a school teacher. She still uses her teaching skills today at her wooden sign painting workshops.
We also chatted about what Taylor has done to pivot her business during COVID-19, as well as her experience as a member of Master Shopkeepers.
- [00:41] How Taylor started her store
- [02:24] Shopkeepers are never alone
- [03:34] How Taylor’s first career helps her be a better shop owner
- [06:11] Taylor’s shop: part workshop, part retail
- [10:03] Taylor’s favorite part of shopkeeping
- [12:22] What it’s like to be a member of Master Shopkeepers
- [17:08] What Taylor sees for the future of her shop