This episode of the Shopkeeper Stories series features April, owner of Pink + Frillos in Greenville, Michigan.
April started her business from her basement, then moved to a 1900 sq. ft. storefront in a less than ideal location. Her customers drive anywhere from 40 minutes to 2 hours to shop at her store!
Now, she and her husband are opening their next venture: a working apple orchard with a coffee shop, tavern, and shop space.
April shared her journey as a shopkeeper, her plans for her expanding businesses, and how Master Shopkeepers has helped her succeed over the past year.
- April’s store, Pink + Frillos
- April’s second business, Frügthaven Farm
- Apply to join Master Shopkeepers
- [01:01] April’s shopkeeping journey
- [08:57] Getting customers to come to a less than ideal location
- [17:09] Opening a second business
- [21:45] Why April joined Master Shopkeepers
- [27:10] What April loves about shopkeeping
- [31:01] April’s vision for her businesses