Opening one brick-and-mortar store can be challenging enough, but today’s Shopkeeper Story comes from a member of Master Shopkeepers that owns four with more on the way! Jennifer is also the co-owner of The Curious Bear, The Crest Home & Little Luxe Baby.
Jennifer always knew that she wanted to run her own business. When she opened her first store, Paper Luxe, she was still working full time as an online business manager. Her store really took off, though, when she fully committed to her brick-and-mortar business.
In this episode, Jennifer shared how she balances her businesses and her family, the mindset work that has helped her grow, and why going all-in on technology for her stores set her up for success when the pandemic hit.
- Paper Luxe: on the web, Instagram, and Facebook
- The Curious Bear Toy & Book Shop: on the web, Instagram, and Facebook
- The Crest Home: on the web, Instagram, and Facebook
- Little Luxe Baby Shop (coming soon): on the web and on Instagram
- Join the waitlist for Master Shopkeepers
- [01:10] An overview of Jennifer’s stores: Paper Luxe, The Curious Bear, The Crest Home, and Little Luxe Baby Shop
- [09:00] How Jennifer balances her businesses and her family
- [15:56] How Jennifer’s mindset has shaped her gifting and donation policies
- [20:18] Why all of Jennifer’s websites are built on Shopify
- [24:33] Jennifer’s experience with Master Shopkeepers
- [27:00] What Jennifer envisions for her stores in the future