This week’s Shopkeeper Story comes from someone near and dear to my heart: my best friend of 30 years, Katsie!
Katsie never considered herself a maker. But when her boss wanted custom-etched glasses for the company’s holiday party, she found herself learning a new skill.
Now, Katsie regularly sells wholesale to retailers, at market events, and to individuals who want a beautiful custom gift.
Katsie shared what makers should consider before taking on custom orders, why she continues to reinvest in new equipment for her business, and what she has learned as a member of the Shopkeepers Lab.
- Rough Around the Etches on the web, Instagram, and Facebook
- Wholesale orders with Katsie via Tundra
- Rough Around the Etches’ wholesale line sheet
- Join the Shopkeepers Lab
- Podcast Sponsor: Tundra
If you’re a BUYER click HERE to get 15% off everything you buy on Tundra for the first 30 days and I’ll get 5% back.
If you’re a MAKER, click HERE to apply to sell on Tundra where your products can be seen by 25,000+ buyers!
*Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links or referral codes, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link or using the code. I make recommendations because I genuinely believe they are useful to shopkeepers. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
- [01:58] The holiday party that led Katsie to start Rough Around the Etches
- [10:56] What makers should consider before they do custom work
- [13:18] Why Katsie continues to reinvest in her business
- [15:44] The decision-making process that led Katsie to do wholesale orders
- [20:49] How Katsie sees Rough Around the Etches growing in the next few years
- [23:58] The key lesson that Katsie has learned in the Savvy Shopkeeper community