Ep. 91 Shopkeeper Stories with Lisa of Bridenbaker Designs
In our last Shopkeeper Story of 2021, we’re chatting with Lisa of Bridenbaker Designs.
Lisa never expected to be a full-time artist and shop owner—she originally got her degree in law enforcement! As part of her degree, she took a few art therapy electives that got her hooked on creating.
Mixing natural materials with paint, Lisa makes beautifully eclectic artwork that she sells to consignment stores, on Etsy, at markets, and wholesale to other shopkeepers.
Lisa shares how having ADHD has affected her business, why connecting with other store owners is key to growing her shop, and how she gives back to the Savvy Shopkeeper community.
- Bridenbaker Designs on the web, Instagram, and Facebook
- Wholesale orders with Lisa via Tundra and Abound
- Join the Shopkeepers Lab
- Podcast Sponsor: Tundra
If you’re a BUYER click HERE to get 15% off everything you buy on Tundra for the first 30 days and I’ll get 5% back.
If you’re a MAKER, click HERE to apply to sell on Tundra where your products can be seen by 25,000+ buyers!
*Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links or referral codes, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link or using the code. I make recommendations because I genuinely believe they are useful to shopkeepers. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
- [02:06] The eclectic mix of sustainable goods that Lisa makes
- [04:13] Lisa’s journey from law enforcement to full-time maker
- [11:17] How Lisa started selling her work wholesale
- [17:56] How ADHD has affected Lisa’s shopkeeping journey
- [19:27] Lisa’s best advice for growing an artist’s brand on social media
- [24:23] Why Lisa loves being part of the Savvy Shopkeeper community
- [30:45] What Lisa envisions for the next few years of Bridenbaker Designs