Are you a small business owner looking for an affordable phone solution with more benefits than a standard landline?
I recently was, so I polled the Savvy Shopkeepers Facebook Group members and asked:
What type of phone line do they use for their business?
- Landline with a phone number just for the store – 22
- Google Voice – 8
- Personal Cell Phone – 7
- Additional Cell Phone/Number – 4
- Only communicate via email/messages – 1
Then I posted a follow-up question, how much do you pay for your phone?
- Most who pay for a landline said they pay for bundles (internet, phone, fax, etc.) anywhere between $89 and $200/month.
- Someone said they love Google Voice because it’s free.
- Another member said she hated paying for the landline so she opted to use her personal cell phone number.
- And someone else stressed the importance of reading a contract because now she’s stuck with a one-year service.
What is OpenPhone?
“Small business phone system, reinvented.
OpenPhone adds a second phone number to your existing mobile device along with powerful features to help your small business communicate better.”
Why does it work for our small business?
- A phone app
- Unlimited talking
- Unlimited texting
- Voice Mail
- No setup fees
- No contracts
- Local or toll-free number
- Transfer the current number you use (just contact them)
- Customer Service
More perks: My sister and I both have the app installed on our phones, we both see when calls or messages are coming in, the calls and messages are NOT deducted from our personal cell phone plans AND the incoming calls are identified as OpenPhone calls so we can identify them as business-related calls and not personal calls. YES!
Want to see how OpenPhone works?
What’s the difference between Google Voice and OpenPhone?
How much is OpenPhone?
Originally OpenPhone was offering point plans but now they offer a SIMPLE monthly no-contract service for $9.99/mo.
I wanted to test this service out before recommending it and if it isn’t already clear, I am very HAPPY with it. I sent many, many emails to Daryna who graciously answered ALL of my questions.
We’ve been using it for a month and I’m so happy we found a phone solution for our business.
Want to learn more and engage with me?
I look forward to learning from all of you too. Thanks for being here! ~ Kathy
Listen to the Savvy Shopkeeper Retail Podcast
I share some of the most helpful information and tips for retail business owners on the Savvy Shopkeeper Retail Podcast. I know you’re busy so episodes are short and sweet at around 20 minutes. Want to work less, profit more and grow? Listen on any of these platforms: