How to Get Noticed on Small Business Saturday 2020
Small Business Saturday 2020 is in TWO weeks. What does that mean? It means you should start promoting #SmallBusinessSaturday NOW, if you haven’t already done that. Planning, preparation, and marketing are key to get your customers to think of shopping with you on Small Business Saturday which is right around the corner on November 28th, 2020.
I’m a Neighborhood Champion!
I’m happy to share that I partnered with American Express this year as a Neighborhood Champion! 🥳 This is an incredible opportunity to be an advocate and cheerleader for shopping small in 2020 – and we really need this year, right?
This means I get to use my platform to help small business owners, both locally and in our amazing online community, to get more exposure to their store or website.
Stay tuned in the next few days and follow me on Instagram to find out how to submit your shop for a daily shopkeeper feature on my Instagram account – only 5 shopkeeper spots available!
For now, here are a few tips and tricks to get your business in front of your audience so that they remember to shop with you and to #shopsmall this holiday season.
Get Creative With Your Shop Small Event & Get Your Free Downloads
Get creative… and get noticed! If you have additional ideas please DM me on Instagram and my VA would be happy to add it to this list.
- Plan your Small Business Saturday event, virtual event, or promotion. Here are some fun ideas to get you started:
- WHITE ELEPHANT GIFT GUIDE – create a gift guide by grouping your quirkiest items into one central place on your website. This is a great way to market your existing inventory for the holidays.
- HOLIDAYS PARTY KITS – create pre-made kits featuring everything shoppers might need to host a virtual holiday party at home. These kits could include supplies for decorating holiday cookies or creating DIY holiday cards, ingredients for cooking your favorite holiday meals at home, and much more.
- HOLIDAY COUNTDOWN CAMPAIGN – help shoppers count down to the holidays – starting on Small Business Saturday, customers who sign up can receive a daily email with a unique discount code or gift with purchase opportunity.
- Get FREE Graphics templates from the American Express Shop Small Studio
- Each store is unique and American Express has a few templates for you to personalize with your own business information.
- You’ll download a variety of templates – Instagram story for Small Business, a Facebook Banner for Small Business, Posters to print, regular social post for you to customize and share.
- Visit here to get your downloads: American Express Shop Small Studio
- Go LIVE on your Facebook Page. Create a buzz and give your audience a preview of what you’ll be selling that day, especially if you have limited quantities.
- Need a refresher? Check out my beginner’s guide to Facebook Live
- Create a Facebook Event for your Small Business Saturday Event or Promotion
- Post every 1-3 days in the Discussion section of your Facebook Event
- Will you be handing out giveaways on Small Business Saturday?
- Will your team be wearing a specific colored shirt for ease of staff recognition?
- Share these little tidbits on your page and remind them about your event and why they should stop in!
- Use the official American Express Shop Small hashtags! #ShopSmall and #SmallBizSat
You get the picture. Don’t be afraid to GET CREATIVE and think outside the box. Better yet, there is no box so don’t limit your ideas to remind your awesome customers WHY they should stop by your business or shop online on Small Business Saturday. Entice them with sneak peeks, promotions, and giveaways!
Is it too much to post every single day? Not at all! Remember, not everyone sees your post on their feed at the same time so the more you post, the more chance you’ll catch them when they’re online. Don’t forget to post on ALL of your social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram and Instagram Reels, Twitter, Pinterest, Tik Tok, etc).
Follow Me On Instagram For A Chance to Be Featured!
And don’t forget, if you want your online shop featured on my Instagram account, go follow me there (@savvyshopkeeper) where I’ll announce how to enter.